Academic Freedom Under Pressure – Launch of Scholars at Risk Denmark Section
Meet Robert Quinn, founding Executive Director of the Scholars at Risk and one of the academics it is all about Mubashar Hasan, PhD and SAR Research Fellow/Scholar at University of Oslo (UiO), and others for perspectives and debate on academic freedom in the world of today.
Where and how do academics meet pressure and threats? Why do we see suppression of academic freedom and what can we do about it?
Programme (will be updated)
- Welcome by Rector Henrik C. Wegener, University of Copenhagen
- Remarks by Executive Director Robert Quinn, Scholars at Risk
- Remarks by Mubashar Hasan. PhD, and SAR Research Fellow/Scholar at UiO.
- Panel discussion: Executive Director Robert Quinn, Scholars at Risk, Rector Hanne Leth, Roskilde University, Mubashar Hasan visiting SAR Scholar at University of Oslo and Jonas Christoffersen, Dr. jur., Executive Director of the Danish Institute of Human Rights.
- Official launch of Scholars at Risk Denmark Section
Moderator: Charlotte Flindt Pedersen, Executive Director of the Danish Foreign Policy Society
The event is free but registration is required. Please register here.
Later on 18 February 2019 Michael Ignatieff, President and Rector of the Central European University, and Robert Quinn, founding Executive Director of the Scholars at Risk Network, will receive the Politiken Freedom Prize 2019 at a separate event at Politiken.
Time: 18 February 2019, 12:30-14:45 (doors open app. 12.10)
Place: University of Copenhagen, Udvalgsværelse 3 (Conference Room 3), Nørregade 10, 1165 København K